Chris Matthews AKA Lethal Shooter poses for a portrait at The Dstrkt, in Los Angeles, California, USA on 31 January, 2022. Photo: Koury Angelo / Red Bull Content Pool
Lethal Shooter beats NBA legends netting record 23 of 25 balls in 66 seconds.
On January 31 in Los Angeles, California, Chris Matthews – aka Lethal Shooter – broke the NBA All-Star world record for the number of shots made around the arc by hitting an astounding 23 of 25 balls in 66 seconds. Here’s what you need to know:
– NBA shooting legends Larry Bird, Reggie Miller, Dirk Nowitzki, Ray Allen, Steph Curry, Devin Booke all participated in All-Star 3-Point Contests throughout their careers and none were ever able to make all 25 shots around the arc. The NBA record of 21 of 25 was held by Lethal Shooter’s mentor, former NBA player and coach Craig Hodges, who achieved the feat in 1986 and 1991.
– Lethal Shooter, is a shooting coach for many elite players on the pro, college, and high school levels, as well as a go-to expert for celebrities who have the itch to get better at the art of shooting. He is also a former college and pro player himself who has dedicated his life to teaching the skills and consistency it takes to build the proper muscle memory to become an elite shooter.
– In the NBA All-Star three-point contest, five basketball racks are positioned around the arc of a court, each rack lined with five official game balls placed on the top railing. The racks are placed at a distance of 22 feet at the corners and 23-feet, 9-inches elsewhere around the perimeter. A player starts on one sideline with the objective to quickly make their way around the arc to each of the racks, sinking as many 3-point shots as possible within 70 seconds or less.
– Lethal Shooter revealed, “As I was thinking about the upcoming NBA All-Star Weekend and the 3-Point Contest in Cleveland, my imagination took hold and I wondered if I could run all the racks around the arch”. He continued “I always want to make basketball history and push myself with the Art of Shooting. I saw running the racks as an opportunity to push myself out of my comfort zone and continue towards being the best shooter I can be.”
– “It was a really proud moment for me,” he continued. “Craig Hodges is one of my mentors, coached me overseas as a professional, and has been a huge inspiration for me over the years. I have so much respect for him, so being able to make 23 was truly a culmination of everything he’s taught me over the years.”
– Lethal Shooter is not done pushing for the Holy Grail and has his sights set on a perfect 25 out of 25 as his ultimate goal. Determined to find the next best shooter to challenge his record, he is launching a three-point competition Red Bull Run the Racks in summer 2022, where fans and hoopers alike can take their shot at beating the current record of 23 out of 25.