Image by Stephan Kelle from Pixabay
Participating Vendors will Offer Deals on Thursday, April 20
The Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) today announced it would thank customers for using mass transit by hosting its first-ever one-day flash sale from MTA Away, the MTA’s program for public transportation deals and regional travel inspiration across New York City, Long Island and the Hudson Valley.
Through the sale, a number of retailers at Grand Central will offer special discounts for one day only, and ONLY for MTA customers who become aware of the sale by visiting MTA Away at MTAAway.com or spot the information on digital screens throughout Grand Central, Penn Station, subway stations and outlying Long Island Rail Road and Metro-North stations.
“Creating initiatives with the local business community benefits our customers and promotes the economy within the transit system,” said MTA Acting Chief Customer Officer Shanifah Rieara. “MTA Away is the best place to find deals and getaways throughout our service region.”
These deals include:
- Murray’s Cheese – buy one get one free on select items
- Damselfly Flowers – buy one get one bunch of tulips
- Joe Coffee – buy one pastry get a small cup of the daily drip coffee free
- Vanderbilt Tennis Club – buy one private lesson get one free session
- Pescatore Seafood – buy one pound of salmon get another pound free
- City Winery Grand Central – buy one shared plate, get a second free
Customers interested in learning more about Grand Central and its many historic wonders can check out a guide offered by MTA Away.
You must log in to post a comment.