Recently opened El Cartel Tapas Bar and Restaurant in Hell’s Kitchen has just launched a Salsa Brunch on Saturdays and Sundays from 11:30 am – 3:30 pm. The Colombian themed brunch features live performances from the Cali Sabor Band (IG: @mbproent) with seatings at 11:30 am and 1:30 pm.
El Cartel’s brunch menu offers signature dishes from the diverse regions of Colombia and influences from owner Bill Arango’s mother’s recipes.
Highlights from the brunch menu include:
- Empanadas de Aborrahado: Two Colombian patties stuffed with sweet plantain, guava, and cheese.
- Stuffed Aguacate: Ripe avocado stuffed with fresh shrimps in El Cartel’s signature pink sauce.
- El Cartel Hot Dog: Perfectly grilled hot dog topped with rippled potato chips, pink sauce, pineapple sauce, and melted mozzarella cheese.
- El Cartel Breakfast: A well packed hearty breakfast consisting of steak, huevos pericos, Calentao’, Colombian chorizo, and an arepita topped with melted cheese.
- Churrasco a Caballo with Home Fries: Savory thick cut of sirloin seasoned and grilled to perfection and topped with a fried egg and served with home fries.
- Arepa with Cheese and Huevos Pericos: Homemade white corncake topped with melted cheese and served with buttery scrambled eggs sautéed with scallions and tomatoes.
- Mimosa: Fresh mimosa in choice of: Classic, Tamarind, Mango, Raspberries, Lulo, or Passionfruit.
- Red or White Sangria: Refreshing sangrias packed with a punch, served either frozen or on the rocks—either by the glass or by the pitcher.
- Margarita: Choice of Classic, Mango, Peach, or Watermelon.