Pride Month is here, and I see you’ve already started to cover activations and brands that are celebrating this year! 818 Tequila and founder Kendall Jenner are proud allies of LGBTQ+ community, and are showing their support by hosting several Pride activities from coast to coast all month long.
- 818 is kicking off the month with a $50,000 donation to The Venture Out Project, a queer and trans-led collective that focuses on bringing the restorative effects of nature to the LGBTQ+ community. As a company rooted in sustainability and community, 818’s support of The Venture Out Project is an extension of the brand’s commitment to protecting our earth and supporting LGBTQ+ communities. In addition, 818 team members will partake in The Venture Out Project’s trans inclusion workshop, Beyond Bathrooms.
- NYC Pride Parade: 818 will take on the NYC parade on June 26 route with an 818-wrapped electric Mini Moke. The celebrations continue with an after party at Common Ground Bar.
- 818 will be taking over and wrapping a NYC Waterway ferry running from Manhattan to Governors Island starting on June 25. For a limited time (June 25-26), riders can sip on signature 818 cocktails, enjoy limited merch and watch an 8:18 Drag Show performance.
- Once on Pride island, head to 818’s activation space for photo opps, cocktails and surprise treats.
- The 818 Airstream will pop up across several locations in Los Angeles throughout the month of June with limited merch.
- Raise a glass with one of our Pride inspired cocktails crafted to enjoy throughout the month – including the 818 Pride Tai, 818 Very St. Tropez and Dirty Shirley
“The Venture Out Project shares 818’s commitment to sustainability initiatives and belief in the importance of the earth – and we are excited to support their mission to bring the magic of the outdoors to LGBTQ+ communities through wilderness trips and skill-building events nationwide,” said Mike Novy, CEO of 818 Tequila. “818 emphasizes the importance of the earth and community in all we do. Our distillery runs on biomass and solar power, our labels, corks and boxes are all certified by the Forest Stewardship Council for coming from sustainably managed forests, and we have partnered with S.A.C.R.E.D in Mexico to create bricks from our leftover agave fibers and water waste and donate them to surrounding communities.”
In addition to the donation, 818 employees will participate in the nonprofit’s trans inclusion workshop, Beyond Bathrooms. This workshop brings groups a foundational understanding of transgender issues and identity and a framework for assessing and creating plans for building more trans-affirming communities.
ABOUT 818 TEQUILA:
Founded by Kendall Jenner, 818 Tequila is an award-winning, hand-crafted tequila brand. Produced using traditional methods in Jalisco, Mexico at a family owned and operated distillery, the brand has won 22 blind tasting awards across eight major industry competitions, including Best Reposado Tequila from the World Tequila Awards, Platinum Award from the SIP Awards, Chairman’s Trophy from the Ultimate Spirits Challenge, Triple Gold from the MicroLiquor Spirit Awards, Top 100 Spirits from the Ultimate Spirits Challenge, and Innovation Award from the SIP Awards. Sustainably produced from one hundred percent Weber Blue agaves, 818 Tequila features three variations – a Blanco, Reposado and Anejo. For more information, follow @drink818 on Instagram or visit www.drink818.com.