Image: Gucci Equilibrium
• Continuing its commitment to convene, unite, and strengthen the voices speaking out for gender equality, Gucci’s CHIME FOR CHANGE campaign expands partnerships with The Meteor and nonprofit partners around the world
• Since its founding in 2013, the campaign has raised more than $19 million to support projects and advocacy in 89 countries, globally benefitting more than 630,000 girls and women and reaching more than 3 million family and community members
• Among the grantees supported this year are, in Italy, Associazione Artemisia, BEAWARENOW, Casa Internazionale delle Donne and SvS Donna Aiuta Donna with Cascina Ri-Nascita project, and globally, Equality Now, Global Fund for Women, mothers2mothers, Ms. Foundation for Women and Promundo
Gucci and its longstanding global gender equality campaign CHIME FOR CHANGE launch the latest issue of CHIME Zine, dedicated to amplifying the voices of activists and artists around the world calling for gender equality, and present the latest round of grants this year in support of nonprofit partners globally.
Edited by community organizer and author Adam Eli, and art directed by visual artist MP5, the new issue of CHIME Zine features a curated collection of works by contributors including: Elisa Manici on the stigma of fatness and its cultural meanings, Assa Traoré on the movement for racial justice in France and globally, Eno Pei-Jean Chen on queer culture in Taiwan and South Korea with translation by Ariel Chu, artwork by Kira Wei-Hsin Jacobson (許維昕), graphic art by Rawand Issa, a personal account by Dr. Ritu Singh on the role of women in the historic Indian farmers’ protest, Isabel Mavrides-Calderón on the intersection of gender and disability, Faaolo Utumapu-Utailesolo on working with Women Enabled International on disability and gender-based violence in Samoa, and Cecilia Gentili in conversation with Bianka Rodríguez on trans activism and the discrimination trans women face in housing, sex work, the criminal justice system and within the trans community in Central America and beyond.
This latest issue of the CHIME Zine is available digitally on Gucci Equilibrium, Gucci’s platform for social impact and sustainability, and will be available in print later this month at the Gucci Garden in Florence, the Gucci Wooster Bookstore in New York, and various independent bookstores globally.
2022 CHIME FOR CHANGE PARTNERS
Since 2013, CHIME FOR CHANGE has directly supported more than 630,000 women and girls through more than 180 nonprofit partners and women-led grassroots organizations. CHIME FOR CHANGE is pleased to continue critical funding to longstanding nonprofit partners working to drive progress towards a gender-equal future through local programs around the world, including in Brazil, Ghana, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Mexico, the Middle East and North Africa region, and the Southern region of the United States. This core funding is in addition to Gucci and CHIME FOR CHANGE’s direct support of diverse feminist organizations, movements, and activists earlier this year, including Women Enabled International, Young Feminist Europe, and Outright Action International.
CHIME FOR CHANGE’s grants continue to advance Gucci’s five-year commitment to UN Women’s Generation Equality Action Coalitions to apply intersectional approaches; support community-led and trust-based giving focusing on the next generation of activists; and provide direct, flexible funding to feminist movements and leaders around the world. The latest round of grants from CHIME FOR CHANGE will support:
• Associazione Artemisia, BEAWARENOW, Casa Internazionale delle Donne and SvS Donna Aiuta Donna with Cascina Ri-Nascita project: Partnering with organizations across Italy to support programs to combat gender-based violence and help women survivors;
• Equality Now: Continuing support for activists in the Middle East, North Africa and South Asia to campaign in their communities to affect cultural and legal change that will shape a more gender equal future for women and girls across the regions;
• Global Fund for Women: Continuing support for five regional feminist funds – Fondo Semillas in Mexico, ELAS Fund in Brazil, HER Fund in Hong Kong, Mediterranean Women’s Fund in the Mediterranean region, and Numun Fund to strengthen their digital capacities and advance innovative feminist technology;
• mothers2mothers: Expanding health services for women and children in Ghana, and recruiting, training and employing Mentor Mothers – local women living with HIV who work as essential frontline health workers, delivering lifesaving health services and education for women, parents/caregivers and their families and communities;
• Ms. Foundation for Women: Supporting grassroots organizations in the US, led by and for women and girls who identify as Black, Indigenous or people of color, working to create systemic change to advance racial and gender equity in their communities;
• Promundo: Continuing to support the KERING FOUNDATION’s Global Boyhood Initiative, launched in 2020 in partnership with Promundo and expanding to France, Italy, Mexico, UK and the US.
In March 2022, CHIME FOR CHANGE was pleased to support UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, to provide emergency support to refugees fleeing violence in Ukraine, many of whom are women and children.
CHIME FOR CHANGE AND THE METEOR PARTNER FOR 22 For ‘22 GLOBAL SUMMIT
To further strengthen the voices speaking out for gender equality, CHIME FOR CHANGE is pleased to continue its partnership with The Meteor, a collective of journalists, artists, and activists, for their second annual virtual summit, 22 For ’22: Visions for a Feminist Future, on May 9th. Hosted by Symone Sanders and convening artists, activists and journalists including Dolores Huerta, Tarana Burke, Amandla Stenberg, Janicza Bravo, Fatema Hosseini, Raquel Willis, Paola Ramos and more, the gathering will address topics including climate, democracy, reproductive freedom, refugee crises and more. The inaugural event – 21 For ’21 – convened a global and intergenerational group of voices around topics on gender equality in May 2021, with programming including moderated conversations, video shorts, monologues, and other storytelling formats, garnering more than 50 million impressions from a global audience. Registration for the free virtual event on May 9th is available at 22for22.live.
About CHIME FOR CHANGE
CHIME FOR CHANGE is a global campaign founded by Gucci in 2013 to convene, unite and strengthen the voices speaking out for gender equality. To date the campaign has raised more than $19 million to support projects and advocacy in 89 countries. Through the funding of nearly 500 projects with more than 180 nonprofit partners, CHIME FOR CHANGE’s support has directly benefited more than 630,000 girls and women globally and reached more than 3 million family and community members.
About Gucci Equilibrium
Gucci Equilibrium is our commitment to generate positive change for people and our planet. Powered by creativity and collaboration, we are reducing our environmental impact and protecting nature, while also prioritizing inclusivity and respect, so that everyone in our global #GucciCommunity is free to express their authentic, diverse selves. Building on momentum from our 100th anniversary, we are moving forward into the coming decades with an ongoing commitment to reinforce our culture of purpose, demonstrating our values through innovative pathways towards social and environmental sustainability. Gucci Equilibrium unifies the principles we uphold and the actions we pursue to treat our world and each other better, for our collective future.
For more information visit equilibrium.gucci.com and discover Gucci’s Instagram dedicated to social and environmental sustainability at Instagram.com/GucciEquilibrium.