LET IT GLO, LET IT GLO, LET IT GLO!
*Open Seven Days a Week Through the Holidays*
(Closed Christmas Day and New Year’s Day)
It’s a merry and EXTRA bright December at the Museum of the City of New York. Starting on December 10th, MCNY will be aglow – Day-Glo, that is – with a very 80s holiday celebration, inspired by the blockbuster exhibition, “New York, New Music: 1980-1986.”
Step inside the Museum and become immersed in Day-Glo December festivities, from a virtual Santa to a retro arcade. The special 80’s-inspired holiday activations include:
- Lovely Lights: The days might be getting darker, but you’ll need sunglasses as you head up the stairs towards the Museum’s illuminated facade, featuring snowflakes and other festive projected imagery, as well as two snow people stationed at the door welcoming visitors in;
- ‘80s Arcade: A dedicated neon-saturated arcade room featuring ten vintage video games including Pac-Man, Ms. Pac Man, Mortal Kombat, Frogger, Space Invaders, NBA Jams, and more – no tokens or quarters needed!
- Ho-Ho-Hologram: A 8-foot virtual interactive Santa experience, powered by PORTL with whom to share wish lists and holiday sentiments;
- Festive Programs: Live and virtual public programs and education offerings inspired by the Day Glo December theme, such as a holiday cocktail party featuring the cumbia pop supergroup, Locobeach, and a Museum-wide, era-inspired scavenger huntfor all ages;
- Filter, in: A newly-launched Instagram filter to further immerse you in the 80’s vibe;
- Dress up for 2 for1 admission! Pull on those legwarmers and slap on those bracelets – because those who show their spirit by wearing 80s-inspired garb will get into the Museum for free throughout the month.
Book your tickets and learn more at mcny.org.
PORTL Inc. is the maker of hologram devices and the software and cloud services to support holoportation. Founded in 2018 by inventor and CEO David Nussbaum, its award-winning products are now in use all over the world, beaming executives, educators, athletes and music celebrities to events, and displaying NFTs and other art objects. PORTL’s headquarters are in Los Angeles and it has distributor showrooms in New York, Las Vegas, and Dubai. PORTL seeks to bring people together across every kind of divide .
Follow us on Twitter and Instagram. For more information go to PORTLhologram.com.
About the Museum of the City of New York
The Museum of the City of New York fosters understanding of the distinctive nature of urban life in the world’s most influential metropolis. It engages visitors by celebrating, documenting, and interpreting the city’s past, present, and future. To connect with the Museum on social media, follow us on Instagram and Twitter at @MuseumofCityNY and visit our Facebook page at Facebook.com/MuseumofCityNY. For more information, please visit www.mcny.org.