– NYCWFF Returns to EAT. DRINK. FEED NYC. October 14-17, 2021 –
(BUSINESS WIRE)–New York’s most renowned culinary Festival will take over the big apple next week when the Food Network & Cooking Channel New York City Wine & Food Festival presented by Capital One (NYCWFF) returns to celebrate its 14th year October 14-17, 2021. The Festival will safely bring food and drink aficionados more than 65+ events with a variety of walk-around tastings, intimate dinners, pier parties, brunches, and more taking place at locations across the city. To date, the Festival has raised more than $13.8 million for its charitable causes with one hundred percent of net proceeds supporting its mission to EAT. DRINK. FEED NYC.
The Festival’s newest beneficiary, God’s Love We Deliver, is the New York City metropolitan area’s leading provider of medically tailored meals and nutrition counseling for individuals living with severe illness. Together with Food Bank For New York City, the Festival’s long-time beneficiary and the city’s largest hunger-relief organization, NYCWFF will now support New Yorkers in their greatest time of need by raising awareness and critical funds for those facing severe illness and food poverty.
Gourmands looking to indulge while taking in the New York skyline can select from the Festival’s iconic pier parties taking place at Pier 86, home of the Intrepid Museum. Highlights include:
- Indulge in 25+ of NYC’s top burgers and vote for whose burger reigns supreme at the Blue Moon Burger Bash presented by Pat LaFrieda Meats hosted by Rachael Ray(Thursday, October 14)
- Enjoy a giant feast of authentic Italian dishesat Fratelli Beretta’s Taste of Italy hosted by Elvis Duran and the Z100 Morning Show (Friday, October 15)
- A celebration of the city’s very best bites at the NEW Goldbelly’s Best of New York presented by Bucket Listers hosted by Joe Ariel and Rev Run (Saturday, October 16)
- The opportunity to feast on expertly grilled, smoked and slow-roasted meats prepared by more than 15 chefs at Backyard BBQ presented by Pat LaFrieda Meats and National Beef hosted by Andrew Zimmern (Sunday, October 17)
The ultimate haven for passionate fans is the Festival’s daytime centerpiece at the newly renovated Hudson River Park’s Pier 76 – Grand Tasting featuring Culinary Demonstrations presented by Liebherr Appliances. Taking place Saturday, October 16 and Sunday, October 17 this culinary playground consists of food samplings, wine, spirits and beer tastings, interactive installations and more. Fan-favorite celebrity chefs and lifestyle personalities from Food Network, Cooking Channel and beyond will take to the stages for the family-friendly Culinary Demonstrations presented by Liebherr Appliances.
The festivities continue with new parties like the Asian Night Market presented by BEAM Suntory hosted by Jet Tila and Molly Yeh at therecently openedMargaritaville Resort Times Square on Saturday, October 16.That same night, guests can watch the city’s top bartenders from all five boroughs duel it out during Battle of the Boroughs: A Cocktail Showdown presented by BACARDí hosted by Ana Navarro and Gio “Chat Chow” Gutierrez. On Sunday, October 17, celebrate all things PRIDE during ABSOLUT presents Drag Brunch hosted by chef and cookbook author David Burtka, and his husband, five-time Emmy Award winner Neil Patrick Harris. Star of RuPaul’s Drag Race, Detox, and NYC comedian and drag king entertainer Murray Hill will serve as special guests for the fabulous Sunday-Funday extravaganza.
Those looking to enjoy the more exclusive side of NYCWFF can indulge in the Festival’s Air France Dinner Series. The series features 20 limited-seating dinners in New York’s most acclaimed restaurants where guests will enjoy a premium tasting menu highlighting the chefs’ signature cuisines paired with a variety of high-end wines and spirits from the Festival’s exclusive provider, Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits. Limited tickets still available to the following dinners:
- Dinner with Chung Chow and Corey Chow both formerly of the renowned Per Se, will host this exclusive dinner at the Michelin-recognized modern Hawaiian restaurant, noreetuh. (Thursday, October 14)
- Enjoy an evening of impeccable French classics at the iconic New York restaurant Benoit during the Dinner with Laëtitia Rouabah and Michel Marini. (Thursday, October 14)
- Experience one of New York City’s most talked about East Asian restaurants, The Tyger during Dinner with Paul Donnelly and Jet Tila (Thursday, October 14)
- Dinner with PJ Calapa and JJ Johnson at Italian hotspot Scampi, will unite a James Beard Award-winning chef anda master of Southern Italian cuisine.(Thursday, October 14)
- Dinner with Melba Wilson and Michael Lomonaco will combine Melba’s soul flare, Michael’s steakhouse classics and Motown tunes for this contemporary dinner overlooking Central Park. (Friday, October 15)
- Dinner with Franklin Becker, Adrienne Cheatham and Christopher Scott will kick off the inaugural launch of the “Birdman Dinner Series” – a series featuring high profile and up and coming chefs doing their own interpretations of Southern inspired dishes. (Saturday, October 16)
- Enjoy the ultimate pairing of pit masters during the Dinner with Chris Lilly, Matt Abdoo and Shane McBride. (Saturday, October 16)
- Dinner with Chintan Pandya, Jeremiah Stone and Fabián von Hauske will showcase how Indian flavors and contemporary American influences work together during this one-night only collaboration. (Sunday, October 17)
As part of the entry requirements for NYCWFF, all attendees must complete a health screening survey and provide proof of full vaccination status. The Festival has partnered with Health Pass by CLEAR, which provides a secure, digital proof of COVID-related health insights via the free mobile app. For full details on the Festival’s Health & Safety Protocols, please visit nycwff.org/healthandsafety.
The complete line-up of events for the 14th annual Festival is available online at nycwff.org. Ticket sales are open to the public. Stay up to date by following the conversation all year long on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter using @NYCWFF/#NYCWFF.
Food Network & Cooking Channel New York City Wine & Food Festival presented by Capital One
The Food Network & Cooking Channel New York City Wine & Food Festival presented by Capital One is hosted by and benefits God’s Love We Deliver and Food Bank For New York City, with 100% of the Festival’s net proceeds providing critical funds for New Yorkers facing severe illness and hunger. To date, the Festival has raised more than $13.8 million for its charitable causes. Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits is the exclusive provider of wine and spirits at the Festival. In February 2020, BizBash named the Festival the #1 Food & Restaurant Industry event in New York for the eight year in a row. More information on the Festival can be found at nycwff.org. Follow @NYCWFF on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
At Capital One we’re on a mission for our customers – bringing them great products, rewards, service, and access to unique and unforgettable experiences they are passionate about. Capital One is a diversified bank that offers products and services to individuals, small businesses and commercial clients. We use technology, innovation and interaction to provide consumers with products and services to meet their needs. Learn more at capitalone.com/access.
God’s Love We Deliver
God’s Love We Deliver cooks and home-delivers nutritious, medically tailored meals for people too sick to shop or cook for themselves. Founded in 1985 as a response to the AIDS pandemic, we now serve people living with more than 200 different diagnoses. To support the health and well-being of our clients, we provide ongoing nutrition assessment, education, and counseling, and advocate for food and nutrition support. God’s Love is a non-sectarian organization serving individuals living with illness, and their children and caregivers. With a community of thousands of volunteers, we home-delivered more than 2.5 million medically tailored meals to nearly 10,000 individuals last year. All services are free to clients and full of love. For more information, visit godslovewedeliver.org. Follow God’s Love on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Food Bank For New York City
Since 1983, Food Bank For New York City has been the city’s major hunger-relief organization working to end hunger throughout the five boroughs. Nearly one in five New Yorkers relies on Food Bank for food and other resources. Food Bank takes a strategic, multifaceted approach that provides meals and builds capacity in the neediest communities, while raising awareness and engagement among all New Yorkers. Through its network of more than 1,000 charities and schools citywide, Food Bank provided more than 80 million free meals last year for New Yorkers in need. Food Bank For New York City’s income support services, including food stamps (also known as SNAP) and free tax assistance for the working poor, put nearly $36 million each year into the pockets of New Yorkers, helping them to afford food and achieve greater dignity and independence. Food Bank’s nutrition education programs and services empower more than 50,000 children, teens and adults to sustain a healthy diet and active lifestyle on a limited budget. Working toward long-term solutions to food poverty, Food Bank develops policy and conducts research to inform community and government efforts. To learn more about how you can help, please visit foodbanknyc.org. Follow us on Facebook (FoodBank4NYC), Twitter (@FoodBank4NYC) and Instagram (@FoodBank4NYC).
Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits
Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits is the world’s preeminent distributor of beverage alcohol, and proud to be a multi-generational, family-owned company. The Company has operations in 44 U.S. states, the District of Columbia, and Canada. Southern Glazer’s urges all retail customers and adult consumers to market, sell, serve, and enjoy its products responsibly. For more information visit www.southernglazers.com. Follow us on Twitter and Instagram @sgwinespirits and on Facebook at Facebook.com/SouthernGlazers.