The Critically Acclaimed Apple Original Todd Haynes Documentary ‘The Velvet Underground’ Premieres October 15 In Theaters and on Apple TV+
/PRNewswire/ — The Velvet Underground: A Documentary Film By Todd Haynes – Music From The Motion Picture Soundtrack, a 2CD and digital soundtrack that features both well-known and rare Velvet Underground tracks, will be released on October 15, 2021 via Republic Records/UMe. Curated by the documentary’s director, Todd Haynes, and music supervisor Randall Poster, the album is the official soundtrack for the critically acclaimed Apple Original documentary, The Velvet Underground, which will be released in theaters and premiere globally Friday, October 15 on Apple TV+. To pre-order/pre-save Music From The Motion Picture Soundtrack go, HERE.
Featuring some of The Velvet Underground’s most well-known tracks, rarities and songs that influenced them, The Velvet Underground: A Documentary Film By Todd Haynes – Music From The Motion Picture Soundtrack serves as the perfect introduction to the band and companion piece to the film. The soundtrack features such Velvet Underground favorites as “Sunday Morning,” “All Tomorrow’s Parties,” “Pale Blue Eyes,” “I’m Waiting for The Man” and “Sweet Jane,” as well as the mono version of “Heroin” and the rare cut “Foggy Notion.” Also featured are live versions of “After Hours” and “Sister Ray,” Nico’s “Chelsea Girls,” and the tongue-in-cheek novelty song “The Ostrich” by The Primitives, an early band formed by Lou Reed and John Cale.
Music From The Motion Picture Soundtrack also features tracks by artists who influenced The Velvet Underground including a live version of “Road Runner” by Bo Diddley; “The Wind,” a doo-wop classic by The Diablos featuring Nolan Strong; and the previously unpublished La Monte Young composition, “17 XII 63 NYC The Fire Is A Mirror (excerpt),” performed by The Theatre of Eternal Music.
Today, The Velvet Underground’s own immense influence is universally acknowledged.
Apple Original Films and Polygram Entertainment present
in association with Federal Films a Motto Pictures and Killer Films production
“THE VELVET UNDERGROUND” a documentary film by Todd Haynes
Associate Producer J. Daniel Torres Line Producer Marissa Torres Ericson Co-Producers Josh Braun Dan Braun Esther Robinson Music Supervision by Randall Poster Archival Producers Wyatt Stone Bryan O’keefe Cinematography by Edward Lachman, asc Edited by Affonso Gonçalves, ace Adam Kurnitz Executive Producers Danny Bennett Pamela Koffler John Sloss Produced by David Blackman Produced by Julie Goldman Christopher Clements Carolyn Hepburn
Produced by Christine Vachon
Directed and Produced by Todd Haynes
The Velvet Underground: A Documentary Film By Todd Haynes – Music From The Motion Picture Soundtrack
- Venus In Furs – The Velvet Underground 5:12
- The Wind – The Diablos 3:05
- 17 XII 63 NYC The Fire Is A Mirror (excerpt) – The Theatre of Eternal Music 6:21
- Heroin [mono] – The Velvet Underground 7:14
- Road Runner (Live) – Bo Diddley 4:14
- The Ostrich – The Primitives 2:25
- I’m Waiting For The Man – The Velvet Underground 4:40
- Chelsea Girls – Nico 7:27
- Sunday Morning – The Velvet Underground 2:56
- Sister Ray (Live) – The Velvet Underground 19:03
- Pale Blue Eyes – The Velvet Underground 5:40
- Foggy Notion – The Velvet Underground 6:59
- After Hours (Live) Version 1 – The Velvet Underground 2:56
- Sweet Jane – The Velvet Underground 4:09
- Ocean – The Velvet Underground 5:14
- All Tomorrow’s Parties – The Velvet Underground 5:53