The luxury automotive brand teamed up with the film’s cast and crew – including Camila Cabello and Billy Porter – to amplify powerful stories and highlight strong individuals through a series of activations.
Mercedes-Benz announced that they are joining forces with Amazon Prime Video and their highly anticipated film, “Cinderella,” to launch a campaign that celebrates strong individuals and promotes female empowerment. Committed to inspiring, connecting, and encouraging one another, Mercedes-Benz will support this initiative by amplifying powerful stories, highlighting the importance of community and creating support systems. The campaign launches today and will feature a television commercial, exclusive online content and a livestream event, all of which highlight the incredible cast and crew.
Premiering September 3 on Amazon Prime Video, “Cinderella” is a musically driven bold new take on the traditional story. The heroine, played by Camila Cabello, is an ambitious young woman whose dreams are bigger than the world will allow. Mercedes-Benz tapped the film’s lead actors, Cabello and Billy Porter, who plays the Fabulous Godmother or “Fab G,” to join the Mercedes-Benz family as the brand’s newest ambassadors.
“Cinderella is a musically-driven bold new take on the traditional story you grew up with,” says Ukonwa Ojo, CMO of Amazon Prime Video. “We are excited to join forces with Mercedes-Benz to launch a campaign that celebrates strong individuals and promotes female empowerment. Our heroine (Camilla Cabello) is an ambitious young woman whose dreams are bigger than the world will allow, but with perseverance and the help of her Fab G (Billy Porter), she makes her dreams come true.”
Inspired by the film, Mercedes-Benz collaborated with its agency, Merkley + Partners, director Rachel McDonald of Biscuit Filmworks, and a primarily female cast and crew, to create a new television commercial which aims to encourage women to rewrite the roles they were told to have in the world. Placing innovation at the forefront, Mercedes-Benz is showcasing the amazing talent behind “Cinderella” who are breaking the mold and leaving their mark. Launching today, the commercial stars Cabello, “Cinderella” director and writer Kay Cannon and producer Shannon McIntosh. The spot also features the Mercedes-Benz G-Class which is known for its iconic design and exceptional performance. The commercial, which highlights the collaboration of strong, inspirational women who are shattering the glass ceiling, will go live digitally on August 2 and run-on network and cable channels beginning August 23.
“Playing Cinderella, a character that I have loved since I was young, is a dream come true,” said Cabello. “I’m honored to reimagine this character in a relevant way and work with Mercedes-Benz to encourage females to dream big. I was thrilled to create this campaign with an incredible group of strong women and hope that it will inspire women everywhere to take their future into their own hands.”
As part of the collaboration, Mercedes-Benz will invite fans to tune in for the “Dressed for a Dream” livestream fashion show on Saturday, August 28 at 4:00pm PST/ 7:00pm EST on mbusa.com/dressed-for-a-dream. Pre-registration will open today via the event landing page. Hosted by Porter along with Actress Jamie Chung, the show will feature individuals who come from diverse backgrounds and have inspiring success stories. These “Everyday Ella’s” have stories to tell, people to inspire and runways to walk as they model looks from the highly anticipated “Cinderella” film. Additionally, the “Inside Ella’s Closet” content piece will provide a special behind-the-scenes look at the costumes from the film and will showcase Ellen Mirojnick, the film’s costume designer and Mercedes-Benz brand ambassador, discussing the captivating style that embodies Cinderella’s empowering spirit.
“It’s about time we see a modern-day representation of Cinderella,” said Porter. “I want to change the world and encourage people to believe that they can be whoever and whatever they want to be, as long as they stay true to themselves. I’m excited to work with Mercedes-Benz on this campaign where the message of individuality is at the forefront as we empower aspiring girl bosses everywhere to embark on their own journey to the top.”
Inspired by Cinderella and the Fabulous Godmother, Porter worked with Mercedes-Benz to design a custom orange and gold glitter “chariot” influenced by his stylish inspiring character both on and off the screen. The “chariot,” which is a Mercedes-Maybach S560, boasts massage chairs, first-of-its-kind technology, a sparkling customized wrap to showcase “Fab G’s” vibrant color palette and other unique elements. The magical chariot will be revealed on August 2 with a video that highlights Porter’s grand and glorious style in this modern fairytale.
“We’re proud to collaborate with Amazon Prime Video on the reinvention of this classic film, which is set to redefine the magic that is ‘Cinderella’ and inspire all generations of women around the world,” said Monique Harrison, GM, Head of Brand. “Mercedes-Benz will continue to amplify powerful stories, showing women and girls everywhere that they are truly capable of shattering the glass ceiling.”
To learn more, please visit mbusa.com/cinderella.
About Mercedes-Benz USA
Mercedes-Benz USA (MBUSA), headquartered in Atlanta, is responsible for the distribution, marketing and customer service for all Mercedes-Benz products in the United States. MBUSA offers drivers the most diverse lineup in the luxury segment with 15 model lines ranging from the sporty A-Class Sedan to the flagship S-Class and the Mercedes-AMG GT R. MBUSA is also responsible for Mercedes-Benz Vans in the U.S. More information on MBUSA and its products can be found at http://www.mbusa.com and www.mbvans.com.
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of movies, series and sports— all available to watch on hundreds of compatible devices.
- Included with Prime Video: Watch movies, series and sports, including Thursday Night Football. Enjoy series and films including the Emmy Award-nominated satirical superhero drama The Boys, limited series The Underground Railroad, and the films Sylvie’s Love and Uncle Frank;and the smash hits Coming 2 America, Tom Clancy’s Without Remorse, The Tomorrow War, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Upload, and My Spy, as well as Emmy and Golden Globe winners Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Golden Globe winner Small Axe, Academy Award winner Sound of Metal, Golden Globe winner and Academy Award nominee Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, and Academy Award nominees Time and One Night in Miami… Prime members also get access to licensed content.
- Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like Paramount+, BET+, EPIX, Noggin, NBA League Pass, MLB.tv, STARZ and SHOWTIME—no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
- Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, and special deals just for Prime members.
- Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart TV.
- Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many shopping and entertainment benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast, free shipping on millions of Prime-eligible items at Amazon.com, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, and access to ad-free music and Kindle ebooks. To sign up or start a 30-day free trial of Prime, visit: amazon.com/prime.