WHO: “Women In The Mix®” aims to highlightfemale producers, engineers, artists, and executives in the music industry. Members of the music community are invited to participate in the inaugural GRAMMY® Week event.
Confirmed participants include:
- Christine Albert,Chair Emeritus, Recording Academy® Board of Trustees
- Ingrid Andress, current three-time GRAMMY-nominated singer/songwriter
- Denisia “Blu June” Andrews (Nova Wav), current three-time GRAMMY-nominated songwriter
- Valeisha Butterfield Jones, Chief Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer, Recording Academy
- Brittany “Chi” Coney (Nova Wav),current three-time GRAMMY-nominated songwriter
- Rocsi Diaz, television personality
- Maureen Droney, Sr. Managing Director, Recording Academy Producers & Engineers Wing®
- Chloe Flower, classical pianist & composer
- Tera Healy,Sr. Director, East Region, Recording Academy
- Tammy Hurt,Vice Chair, Recording Academy Board of Trustees
- Leslie Ann Jones, five-time GRAMMY-winning engineer and Recording Academy Trustee
- Cyndi Lauper, two-time GRAMMY-winning singer/songwriter
- EveAnna Manley,president, Manley Laboratories
- Ruby Marchand,Chief Industry Officer, Recording Academy
- Harvey Mason jr., Chair & Interim President/CEO, Recording Academy
- MC Lyte,GRAMMY-nominated rapper
- Piper Payne,mastering engineer
- Kelley Purcell,Vice President, Membership & Industry Relations, Recording Academy
- Sheila E., GRAMMY-nominated artist and percussionist
- Ebonie Smith, music producer, engineer & singer/songwriter
- Tina Tchen, president & CEO of TIME’S UP
Additional participants to be announced in the coming weeks.
WHAT: The Recording Academy is kicking off GRAMMY Week with a virtual celebration on International Women’s Day — “Women In The Mix” — to recognize the contributions of women in music and amplify the female voices across the industry. Highlighting producers, engineers, artists, and executives, this program champions women who set the tone for their own communities and work to close gender gaps on and offstage. Following in the footsteps of the Recording Academy’s Women In The Mix Pledgelaunched in 2019, the event will spotlight female producers and engineers in the music industry while encouraging and facilitating mentorship between established women in the industry and aspiring female music professionals. Panels, discussions and performances will be announced in the coming weeks.
WHEN:Monday, March 8, 2021
5:00 p.m. PT
WHERE: The virtual event will take place publicly on GRAMMY.com.
ABOUT THE RECORDING ACADEMY
The Recording Academy represents the voices of performers, songwriters, producers, engineers, and all music professionals. Dedicated to ensuring the recording arts remain a thriving part of our shared cultural heritage, the Academy honors music’s history while investing in its future through the GRAMMY Museum®, advocates on behalf of music creators, supports music people in times of need through MusiCares®, and celebrates artistic excellence through the GRAMMY Awards® — music’s only peer-recognized accolade and highest achievement. As the world’s leading society of music professionals, we work year-round to foster a more inspiring world for creators.
For more information about the Academy, please visit www.grammy.com. For breaking news and exclusive content, follow @RecordingAcad on Twitter, “like” Recording Academy on Facebook, and join the Recording Academy’s social communities on Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn.