Gasser and Langland accept invites with wild card voting up until January 29.
The Natural Selection Tour has unveiled 10 more riders for the inaugural 2021 edition with Austrian star Anna Gasser and American Hailey Langland set to compete as well as an exciting wild card competition and the judges for the final spots. Here is all you need to know:
– The Tour is the world’s first snowboard series to showcase top riders live on Red Bull TV on the most exciting natural and naturally enhanced terrain starting from February 3-9 at Wyoming’s Jackson Hole Mountain Resort plus further stops at Baldface Lodge’s Scary Cherry in Canada and Tordrillo Mountain Lodge in Alaska.
– A manifestation of Travis Rice’s wildest dreams – the star of breathtaking snowboard films The Art of Flight, The Fourth Phase and Dark Matter – the innovative format already boasted the likes of Mark McMorris and Jamie Anderson with reigning Olympic Big Air champion Gasser and Winter X Games star Langland now added.
– Mikkel Bang, Hana Beaman, Victor de La Rue, Eric Jackson, Pat Moore, Blake Paul, Werni Stock and Austen Sweetin have also accepted invitations and join Rice, McMorris, Anderson, Elias Elhardt, Ben Ferguson, Sage Kotsenburg, Nils Mindnich, Chris Rasman, Gigi Rüf, Marion Haerty, Elena Hight and Robin Van Gyn.
– One more man and one more woman will receive an official invite from the Tour’s Nomination Committee and Red Bull with winter icons including Jake Blauvelt, Manuel Diaz, Danny Davis, Yuka Fujimori, John Jackson, Sammy Luebke, Bode Merrill, Mary Rand, Jason Robinson, Zoi Sadowski-Synnott and Stale Sandbech submitting a one-minute montage of their best backcountry freestyle riding to prove why the final spots should be theirs based on progression, creativity, line choice, style, energy, and overall impression.
– Wild card voting is up at redbull.com/NSTwildcard with the men’s and women’s wild card winners, and the People’s Choice winners announced on January 29. Red Bull will award the judge selected wild card winners $2,500 to donate to an environmentally focused non-profit organization of their choice.