Adidas by Stella McCartney today unveils the product and perspective for its bold Fall/Winter 20 Workout Wardrobe and Winter Capsule collections, led by changemaker and Co-Director, Lourdes Leon and her handpicked collective of new generation activists.
23-year-old Lourdes, an advocate for environmental and feminist causes, was invited by Stella McCartney and adidas to unite a formidable cohort of up-and-coming voices who are passionate about driving positive change. The resulting campaign sees the collective of six trailblazers captured in their favourite pieces from the collection, including the signature oversized TruePace wind jacket in Photo Snow Leopard and Eulampis hiking boot.
A creative force, Lourdes choreographed and co-directed the campaign, shot in New York, alongside Brooklyn-based director Anna Pollack. Joining Lourdes are her handpicked collaborators: artist Uzumaki Cepeda, performance artists Oumou Traore and Henry Chesley, dancer Lynnette Paz and drummer, Anysia Kym Batts.
Co-director and Choreographer, Lourdes Leon, commented: “My generation is sensitive to the needs of each other and the planet, and the state of the world affects us. I have known Stella my whole life, and trust her sustainable vision for this versatile new performance collection with adidas. It’s great because, for the campaign, Anna and I had the freedom to create something that reflects that authenticity, working with a collective of friends who support us and share our values – dancing and moving in harmony in the wild wetlands just outside of New York City.”
The group showcases highlight pieces from the F/W 20 adidas by Stella McCartney line, for which they and others like them were the inspiration. The fashion-meets-performance wear includes two key drops, Workout Wardrobe with versatile pieces that take you from studio to street, and the Winter Capsule, incorporating key weather-focused innovations to enable climate-resistant training or for an everyday statement look.
Speaking about the collection, Stella McCartney said: “I am continually inspired by today’s generation. They are born activists, who use their platforms to campaign for sustainability, strength and collective, creative freedoms – all values that adidas by Stella McCartney champions. This collection is made for them. We have pushed the boundaries of innovation to create bold standout pieces that fuse high-fashion and performance, using sustainable materials to reduce our impact on the planet so we can create a better world for generations to come.”
The F/W 20 collections boast a palette of soft blush, earth tones and monochromatic shades contrasting with statement oranges and purples in carefully curated colour drops and coveted streetwear pieces. Detail-focused design highlights include laser-cut ergonomic lines, reflective accents and signature graphic animal prints.
The Workout Wardrobe, launching on 20th August, includes three new categories supporting individual exercise intensities: TrueStrength (low), TruePurpose (medium) and TruePace (high). The collection encourages the world to move with purpose in statement style. Highlights include:
- TRUEPACE WIND JACKET IN PHOTO SNOW LEOPARD: With equal emphasis on aesthetics and performance, the signature TruePace Wind.RDY jacket is wind-resistant and water-repellent, making it a go-to running companion. Made with 100% recycled content as part of adidas by Stella McCartney’s ambition to end plastic waste, the unique design features provide high protection from the elements.
- TRUEPURPOSE CROP TOP: Cut from high-stretch fabric, the crop top is defined by its longline racer-back silhouette that supports a full range of motions. The absorbent AEROREADY fabric increases breathability, making it an ideal choice for a workout– or hitting the streets with friends. The crop is made from PRIMEGREEN: a series of high-performance recycled materials. Garments made with PRIMEGREEN using a minimum of 40% recycled content.
- TRUEPURPOSE SPORTS BRA: Chic yet supportive, the TruePurpose Medium Support Bra is ideal for a wide range of activities, from Pilates to spin class. Made from water-absorbent materials, adidas AEROREADY keeps athletes feeling dry as they move and the bra is supportive enough for medium-impact workouts.
Launching on 17th September, the Winter Capsule is designed to empower women to face any environment in a changing global climate. Featuring tactical weather-resistant outerwear and seasonal items that can be layered, highlights include:
- EULAMPIS HIKING BOOT: A high-tech boot that doesn’t fall short on style, contrasting a minimal palette with striking leopard print accents. The comfortable boots feature water-resistant uppers and insulated lining for added warmth, and metal trims to help protect against the elements.
- MONOCHROMATIC HALF-ZIP PULL ON: A sophisticated oversized jacket that is the perfect mix of style and function. Made from PRIMEGREEN: a series of high-performance recycled materials. Garments made with PRIMEGREEN use a minimum of 40% recycled content. The jacket also has an adjustable fit and delivers freedom of movement and airflow during active moments.
- LONG PADDED PUFFER JACKET: This on-trend puffer is the perfect winter choice for those wanting to stay warm on their way to a workout, or while exploring the city at the weekend. Made from 100% recycled polyester as part of adidas by Stella McCartney’s ambition to end plastic waste, the jacket features an inner belt for a customisable fit and exposed zipped pockets to keep your valuables secure and easily accessible.
The Workout Wardrobe and Winter Capsule collections come with the reassurance of both performance and sustainability integrity expected of the adidas by Stella McCartney brand. Combining a pioneering blend of cutting-edge design and technical features, the F/W 20 line includes high-performance apparel, accessories and multiple footwear pieces across the two drops.
Continuing their shared focus on helping to minimise environmental impact, adidas and Stella McCartney have designed these collections with sustainability at the heart. As part of adidas by Stella McCartney’s ambition to end plastic waste, the collection uses PRIMEBLUE, a high-performance recycled material made in part with Parley Ocean Plastic – upcycled plastic waste, intercepted on remote islands, beaches, coastal communities and shorelines, preventing it from polluting our ocean, and PRIMEGREEN, a series of high-performance recycled materials.