Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductee LL Cool J Will Give a Spectacular Performance Just Before Midnight With Chlöe, Journey, and Karol G Also Set To Hit the Stage in Times Square
New Orleans Co-Host Billy Porter To Deliver New Hit Single on the Historic Riverboat Louis Armstrong
The 50th Anniversary Celebration Airs Live Friday, Dec. 31, Beginning at 8/7c on ABC
ABC and MRC Live & Alternative announced the performance lineups in Times Square and New Orleans for “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2022.” This year marks the 50th anniversary of America’s go-to annual New Year’s tradition that celebrates the year’s very best in music. The most-watched New Year’s Eve celebration nationwide which features iconic performances of the year’s biggest songs airs LIVE Dec. 31 at 8 p.m. EST/PST on ABC.
- 2021 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee, hip-hop superstar and multihyphenate entertainer LL COOL J will give a spectacular performance of his iconic hits from the NYRE stage.
- Pop/R&B superstar Chlöe will wow the Times Square crowd with an unforgettable performance of her chart-topping hit “Have Mercy.”
- Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and award-winning rock legends Journey will perform a special collection of notable and celebrated hits.
- Multiplatinum international Latin phenom KAROL G will kick off the night’s festivities with a red-hot performance of her fan-favorite hits.
Performance in New Orleans:
- New Orleans co-host Billy Porter delivers his new hit single and a sneak peak of a future classic on the riverboat Louis Armstrong on the mighty Mississippi River in the historic French Quarter.
AS PREVIOUSLY ANNOUNCED
Los Angeles Performers
- AJR and duo Daisy The Great (“BANG!” “Record Player”)
- Avril Lavigne and Travis Barker (“Sk8ter Boi,” “Bite Me”)
- Big Boi with singer Sleepy Brown (“The Way You Move,” “Animalz”)
- Don Omar (“Danza Kuduro”)with Nio Garcia (“Se Menea”)
- French Montana (“FWMGAB,” “Unforgettable”)
- Macklemore and Ryan Lewis (“Can’t Hold Us”) with singer Windser (“Next Year”)
- Måneskin (“Beggin’,” “Mamma Mia”)
- Mae Muller with Polo G (“Better Days”); Polo G (“Rapstar,” “Smooth Criminal”)
- Masked Wolf (“Astronauts in the Ocean,” “Pandemonium”)
- OneRepublic (”Counting Stars,” “Run”)
- Walker Hayes (“Fancy Like,” “AA”)
Puerto Rico Performer
- Global music star and reggaeton dynamo Daddy Yankee will give a special hometown performance in Puerto Rico.
Host, Co-Hosts and Correspondent
- The L.A. Party festivities will be kicked off by five-time NYRE co-host and multiplatinum selling artist, Ciara, with Club Quarantine’s D-Nice spinning the turntables at the celebration. The star-studded NYRE lineup also includes 17-time host and executive producer Ryan Seacrest in Times Square with first-time co-host Liza Koshy, co-host Billy Porter from New Orleans, and co-host Roselyn Sanchez leading the festivities in Puerto Rico, the inaugural destination for the show’s first Spanish-language countdown,
- POWERBALL correspondent Jessie James Decker will announce the “POWERBALL First Millionaire of the Year” live from New York just after midnight.
The No. 1 New Year’s Eve programming special each year, last year’s program dominated the combined deliveries of its broadcast competitors by 7.0 million Total Viewers and by 63% with Adults 18-49. Soaring by double digits year over year, last year’s late-night telecast attracted 18.4 million Total Viewers and ranked as the highest-rated musical special of 2020 among Adults 18-49.
For the latest Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve news, exclusive content and more, follow NYRE on social (Facebook | Twitter | Instagram), on ABC sites (Facebook | Twitter | Instagram), online at newyearsrockineve.com and join the conversation by using the official hashtag for the show, #RockinEve.
About MRC Live & Alternative
MRC Live & Alternative, a division of global entertainment company MRC, is the world’s largest producer and proprietor of televised live event entertainment programming with the “Academy of Country Music Awards,” “American Music Awards,” “Billboard Music Awards,” “Golden Globe Awards,” “Dick Clark’s New Year’s Rockin’ Eve with Ryan Seacrest” and the “Streamy Awards.” MRC Live & Alternative owns one of the world’s most extensive and unique entertainment archive libraries with more than 60 years of award-winning shows, historic programs, specials, performances and legendary programming. For more information please visit: www.mrcentertainment.com.
About ABC Entertainment
ABC Entertainment airs compelling programming across all day parts, including “Grey’s Anatomy,” the longest-running medical drama in primetime television; riveting dramas “The Good Doctor,” “A Million Little Things,” “Station 19” and fall’s groundbreaking No. 1 new series, “Big Sky”; trailblazing comedy favorites “black-ish,” “The Conners,” “The Goldbergs” and “Home Economics”; the popular Summer Fun & Games programming block, including “Celebrity Family Feud,” “Holey Moley,” “Match Game,” “Press Your Luck” and “To Tell the Truth”; star-making sensation “American Idol”; reality phenomenon “Shark Tank”; “The Bachelor” franchise; long-running hits “Dancing with the Stars” and “America’s Funniest Home Videos”; “General Hospital,” which has aired for more than 55 years on the network; and late-night talk show “Jimmy Kimmel Live!”; as well as two critically acclaimed, Emmy® Award-winning “Live in Front of a Studio Audience” specials. The network also boasts some of television’s most prestigious awards shows, including “The Oscars®,” “The CMA Awards” and the “American Music Awards.” ABC programming can also be viewed on demand and on Hulu.