Search on for world’s most skilful footballers to form a unique five-a-side team.
The global search has begun to find a dream team of the most skilful footballers on the planet to participate at this year’s Red Bull Neymar Jr’s Five. Here is all you need to know:
– Seven players in total will be selected worldwide to form a squad at the 2021 edition of the Brazilian’s signature five-a-side football tournament. The lucky seven will have the opportunity to take on the other national finalists, and also have the chance to line up on the field against the PSG superstar himself.
– To be in with a chance of being picked, all you have to do is wow the judges with a 60-second (max) clip of you showing off your skills in the most creative way possible.
– All clips need to be uploaded on Instagram with the hashtag #outplaythemall and tagging in @redbullneymarjrsfive. Be sure to include your name, age and home country in the caption, and remember only the first video posted per player will count.
– This once-in-a-lifetime opportunity is open to anyone to compete, whether you fancy yourself as a Messi-esque magician, quick-footed like Kylian Mbappé or else with the skillset of Neymar Jr himself.
– The tournament itself is 10 minutes of action, there are no goalkeepers and teams lose a player every time the opposition scores. It is open to players aged 16 to 35, with more than 30 countries from six continents set to host tournament qualifiers.
– The last edition took place back in 2019 and Australian Daniel Cappelaro was among the few lucky ones to be selected. He recalled: “It was awesome when I found out I’d been selected. When I learned the news, I turned to my girlfriend and said, ‘we’re going to the World Final’. It was an amazing feeling.”