E-book takes comprehensive look at Alfa Romeo’s love affair with Italian design
Ahead of Valentine’s Day this Sunday, Alfa Romeo today announced Passione, an interactive e-book that chronicles the heritage, influences and exploration of the brand’s passion for impactful and iconic Italian design over the last 110 years.
Created in partnership with Centro Stile Alfa Romeo in Turin, Italy, Passione examines the brand’s unparalleled history and significance in global automotive design, and includes exclusive renderings and sketches from the designers at Centro Stile.
The chapters of Passione include:
- Centro Stile – Founded in 1971 and based in Turin, Centro Stile oversees design for Alfa Romeo.
- Italian roots – From Roman architecture, Renaissance painting or modern art, Alfa Romeo’s Italian roots run deep, influencing the brand’s design to this day.
- Heritage – Alfa Romeo leverages its illustrious past to inspire the designs of today and tomorrow. Cues from legendary cars such as the 33 Stradale and Giulia GT can be seen on the modern 4C Spider and Tonale PHEV crossover concept.
- Purity – Great Italian design is pure and honest, untainted by excess or extravagance. Purity is what makes Italian design timeless.
- Disruption – Throughout its history Alfa Romeo design set trends, broke norms and shocked the world with pioneering designs.
- Red – The color of Italy. The color of Alfa Romeo. Red is a symbol of Italian culture and a hallmark of Alfa Romeo most iconic models.
- Beauty is everywhere – From exotic vehicles such as the 4C Spider and 8C Competizione to mainstream sedans, crossovers and compact hatchbacks, Alfa Romeo models embody timeless beauty.
- Beauty and the beast – Elegance meets strength. Style dresses speed. Alfa Romeo design speaks to both power and performance.
- Design melting pot – Bertone, Pininfarina, Zagato, to name a few. While most Italian car companies have partnered with one or two coachbuilders over time, Alfa Romeo has collaborated with several, creating a diverse catalog of iconic designs.
- Exploration – From the upcoming Tonale PHEV crossover concept to beyond, this chapter highlights Alfa Romeo’s passion for exploring new territories.
Passione can be downloaded here.
Celebrating 110 years of heritage, Alfa Romeo has designed and crafted some of the most stylish and sporty cars in automotive history. That tradition lives on today as Alfa Romeo continues to take a unique and innovative approach to designing automobiles. The Alfa Romeo Stelvio sets a new benchmark in performance, style and technology in an SUV. The award-winning Alfa Romeo Giulia delivers race-inspired performance, advanced technologies and an exhilarating driving experience to the premium midsize sedan segment. The Giulia Quadrifoglio and the Stelvio Quadrifoglio feature Alfa Romeo’s most powerful production engine ever with unsurpassed 0-60 mph times of 3.8 and 3.6 seconds, respectively. Rounding out Alfa Romeo’s world-class lineup is the handcrafted Alfa Romeo 4C Spider. Alfa Romeo is part of the portfolio of brands offered by leading global automaker and mobility provider Stellantis. For more information regarding Stellantis (NYSE: STLA), please visit www.stellantis.com.
Follow Alfa Romeo brand news and video on:
Company blog: http://blog.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Media website: http://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com
Alfa Romeo newsroom: https://media.stellantisnorthamerica.com/newsroom.do?id=292&mid=446
Consumer website: www.alfaromeousa.com and www.alfaromeo.com
Facebook: Alfa Romeo USA